How Many Views?

Friday, September 18

Private By: Kate Brian


Overview: Reed Brennan fantasied about attending the Easton Academy, an ultra exclusive and expensive private school in Connecticut. Suddenly, she is overjoyed when she is awarded a scholarship there for her academic and athletic ways. Hoping to leave her miserable home life behind, she packs up her things and leaves her town with a smile on her face. However, she soon realizes things are much different on campus then in the halls of Croton High. In this fabulous world of designer clothes and perfect hair, she sees the Billings Girls; poised and gorgeous with stellar grades and popularity like Reed has never seen before. However, the realization that the picture perfect walls of Billings may be hiding something ugly sets in; and Reed doesn't know whether she wants to become apart of it. Meanwhile, her boy toy Thomas Pearson seems like the ideal boyfriend; until she sees him dealing prescription pills to some of the upperclassmen. From there on, the lies one by one become exposed. But hey, things are looking up; she becomes a Billings girl.


My Thoughts: The book was clever and overall really good. I found it hard to put down. The romantic tension between Reed and Thomas was addicting; I was constantly prying to read about it. However, it really disappointed me when Kate tossed in all the crazy scenarios; like the party in the woods chapter where he had asked her to come to talk. Instead of talking, he went on a drunken rant. I felt sorry for her. He is an obvious schmoozer and all talk. I was somewhat relieved to know that he dissapeared at the end of the book. My thoughts on the Billings Girls are mixed. I know for a fact that you cannot trust them, but I wanted too so bad. I found myself saying, "If I was in that situation, which I'm glad I'm not, I wouldn't be able to handle it." Just when I thought Reed won them over, they were challenging her with something that was obviously against school codes. I was so happy, yet eerily worried when at the end of the book, Noelle and the other Billings Girls except her into their inner circle. I have a feeling the next novels will give this awesome book a run for it's money.(Are you a Private Fan, too? Go to http://www.privatenovels.com/ to watch exclusive online private shows & chat about the book!)


Four Stars: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment