How Many Views?

Friday, September 18

My Sister's Keeper by: Jodi Picoult


Overview: My Sister's Keeper is about Anna Fitzgerald, who, with the help of an attorney, Campbell Alexander, sues her parents for rights to her own body. Anna donated genetic material throughout her life, and the latest donation is for her to give a kidney to Kate. While her mother is very persistant that Anna will give the kidney, her father is much more mixed in thought. He believes that Anna has the ultimate decision.


My Thoughts: The drama is catchy and hard to put down. First of all, I thought that the idea of genetic mutation was such a unique topic that that was one of the main reasons I started reading it. To save her sister, she must be a genetic match. How interesting, huh? What I didn't like about the book is the fact that in some parts the novel is very slow, and the ending was totally not what I was expecting - and that wasn't exactly great, either. But overall, reading the book gave me a different perspective on cancer and sickness; it let me know first hand that a kid like you, or your little brother or sister could have it. It was a shocking revelation. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Kate's short romantic love interest, Taylor, also a cancer patient. It made me feel happy for Kate. I didn't like reading about the deaths in the book. But they unfortunately, made the book.


four stars: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment